Paradise of water and karst
This tours takes you right into the heart of the Krka National Park, one of the Croatia's most amazing natural sights. Located within a 90 minute drive from Split, Krka National Park boasts some of the most stunning waterfalls in this part of the world and it's open throughout the year. So why not escape the bustling Split or Trogir for one day and enjoy this green oasis, offering such peace and relaxation? The fresh and green waters of Krka river offer pleasant refreshment and its lush vegetation provides cool shades even on the hot summer days.
- Enjoying the stunning landscapes on our drive across the beautiful Central Dalmatia
- Visit to the old stone watermills and the ethnographic museum where you'll get an insight on the rural life and traditions in Dalmatia
- Visit to Skradinski buk, one of the most famous Croatia's natural attractions and one of the most impressive cliff waterfalls in Europe
- Sightseeing of the Šibenik's Old town and visit to the St James Cathedral
- Enjoying unforgettable panoramic views of Visovac and Primošten
- Tour type: National Parks Tours
- Departure: Split / Kaštela / Trogir
- Start time: 8.30 / 9 / 9.15 AM
- Duration: 9 hours
- Schedule: Daily
- Price: 59 € per person
What to expect
After the pick up at the arranged meeting point, we will begin our journey by driving along the very border between the Dalmatian coast and the Inland. You will have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful coastline landscapes and panoramic views, as well as some picturesque scenes from the rural life, as we drive by village households on our way towards Šibenik. After approximately 90 minutes, we’ll arrive at Skradinski buk, one of the best known natural features in Croatia. Here we’ll start a professionally-guided tour which takes us through several restored traditional stone houses, workshops and watermills where you’ll be shown how the water was used centuries ago to make possible the life in the village. Our trip continues with a relaxing walk through the stunning nature of the National Park, along the river Krka and over the wooden bridges. After this, you’ll be taken to Roški slap, one of the most popular areas, where you will have some free time to enjoy yourselves swimming and sunbathing. After this, we will have an optional lunch in a typical Dalmatian tavern – konoba, where you can taste some of the most delicious local specialties, like smoked ham (pršut), cheese, traditional bread and homemade wine. On our way back towards the coast, you will have the opportunity to admire the magnificent panorama of the Visovec Island. The tour continues with a walking tour around the Šibenik Old Town, including the St James Cathedral, one of the Croatian UNESCO World heritage sights. The sightseeing finishes with the panoramic view at Primošten.